Change of Blog Interest

Click here to read Steven's "Great Lovers Make A Great Marriage" blog.

Monday, January 14, 2013

God, will You heal me?

Have you prayed to God to heal you of a particular illness? Or asked Him to heal someone who is sick?

I have experienced instances of immediate manifestation of miraculous healing. At other times, healing came days or even months later. 
Yet there were those times when healing doesn't come for a long, long time. The case of my cervical spondylosis is one of those. 

It has been 3 years since I was suddenly struck down with multiple nerve impingement due to a couple of cervical vertebrae collapsing. The pain was immense and eventually, I had to quit my job in order to recuperate from the side effects of the drug that was prescribed to me.

This month marks the 3rd year of suffering that condition.

By God's grace, I feel much better now, though I cannot say that I am completely healed of that condition. My neck reminds me frequently that if I did not stop punching the keyboard and take a rest, the pain will strike.

I believe that Abba Father heals and I prayed, pray and will continue to pray daily for my complete healing. There are many bible records about healing:

Matthew 9:35 ...
"Jesus went through all the towns and villages, teaching in their synagogues, proclaiming the good news of the kingdom and healing every disease and sickness. 

Mark 1:40-42
"A man with leprosy came to him and begged him on his knees, “If you are willing, you can make me clean.” ....  “I am willing,” Jesus said. “Be clean!” Immediately the leprosy left him and he was cleansed."

James 5:14-15 ...
"Is anyone among you sick? Let them call the elders of the church to pray over them and anoint them with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise them up."

It is clear to me that it is God's will to heal. Then why do I, and some people, not get healed after praying to Him?

Does that mean that the I have sinned? Or is it that I do not have enough faith?

Ps David Lim in his book, "Spiritual Gifts, A Fresh Look" teaches clearly on this subject:

"Healing is in three stages. First, we were healed at Calvary. Jesus paid the full price of our salvation, and for our wholeness. Second, we are being healed now. We are not in heaven yet where there shall be no more sickness. We live in a sinful world, full of disease, and we have a mortal body. God provides many means by which we appropriate our healing. Third, one day complete healing will be manifested for all. (Revelations 21:4 and 22:2).

It is God's will to heal unless He has a greater will in that immediate situation. If there is not yet healing, God is doing something greater for now. We may not even understand what it is or how God is being glorified. But we can put our trust in God's hands. He will cause all to glorify His name. He is sovereign!"

For me, this understanding is enough. I declare that I will leave my life completely in the sovereign hands of my Abba Father. He who loves me so much that He gave His only Son to come and die for me, will heal me in His time. And if He chooses to delay my healing, I know that it is for a greater glory for His Name.

I echo Paul's affirmation, "But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” 2 Cor 12:9

Abba Father, not my will but yours be done. Let me glorify you in all circumstances!

God bless.

Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment