Change of Blog Interest

Click here to read Steven's "Great Lovers Make A Great Marriage" blog.

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Grateful to God

"8 He jumped to his feet and began to walk ... he went with them into the temple courts, walking and jumping, and praising God. 9 ... all the people .... were filled with wonder and amazement at what had happened to him."  Acts 3:8-10

The lame beggar begged for money and expected Peter and John to give him some. He definitely got more that he expected ... a miracle healing.

As soon as he was able to walk, he rejoiced, "walking and jumping and praising God." He forgot about the money that he had begged for. His attention wasn't on the money nor his handicap anymore.

His immediate and new focus then was on the One who healed him. Being grateful, not to Peter and John, but to the Almighty God, he went into the temple courts to praise Him. And praise God he did! 

The people heard him, they recognized that he was the lame beggar, but he was now walking and jumping - healed! They were amazed at his testimony that he was healed by God.

I am grateful to God for all that He has done for me and want to testify of His goodness too. I am glad that I was given the opportunity to give my testimony before my church's congregation last week.

Since I was saved more 40 years ago, God's protective hands were always upon me and my family. While I have had many blessings, I have also had many difficult storms in my life. I had to deal with many of life's problems, such as failing in business and having to deal with the resultant financial debt, enduring and waiting for healing of certain illnesses and the likes.

It is in those difficult moments that I find Abba Father faithful, real, loving and assuring. For each and every of those moments, He assured me through specific verses in the bible. They came alive to hold and help me through the dark hours. And praise and glory be to God, I came out of each of those situations stronger and more compassionate towards others.

I am grateful to my God for being faithful and true throughout my life. Those experiences allow me to help those who are also going through similar situations. I know that my God will help them and lead them to victory because He did it for me. He will always do so.

Hear how good God is.... 



Praise the Lord!

Steven

2 comments:

  1. Hi Steven

    yes, we need to be grateful to God in every situation. God has done what He can do for mankind that redemption and healing. No matter the outcome to our prayers to Him we have to rest assured that He has heard us and know what is best for our situation. I am continously praying for my sister's healing and yet time and again she landed in hospital and now need to do a endoscopy in Feb. Does it mean God did not answer my prayers. Definitely, no. He knows what is best for my sister and is only in my weaknesses I lost focus and went bongus in anxiety. time and time again my friends need to get me back on track. It is not our self effort but to rest in God who loves us as His dear beloved and will see me thru all situation one step at a time knowing He is near and beside us. Prayer request for my sister: God will strenghten in every aspect of her body to go thru this endoscopy on 21st Feb.

    I give praise and thanks to God for His faithfulness and love for His children, that is, you and me and everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. God is good, ALL the time!

    ReplyDelete