Change of Blog Interest

Click here to read Steven's "Great Lovers Make A Great Marriage" blog.

Monday, March 28, 2011

Know who the bridegroom is

"He must increase, but I must decrease."
John 3:30

I am reminded that Jesus must always be the center every one's life - and particularly when I am helping or counseling a person in need. 

Too often I have been impatient and want to offer "a solution", based on my experience in life and human understanding. Too often I ended up making myself to be the dependent leader or counselor. That, I realized, is wrong and offers no help to the person in need.

John (the baptist) fully understood that he was merely the messenger. A messenger for the Counselor,  Prince of Peace, Savior and the true Bridegroom. He constantly pointed people, who came to him, to Christ (John 3:28) and refusing any glory for himself (John 3:29).

Oswald Chambers taught that "as a servant, your primary responsibility is to be a “friend of the bridegroom”. When you see a person who is close to grasping the claims of Jesus Christ, you know that your influence has been used in the right direction. And when you begin to see that person in the middle of a difficult and painful struggle, don’t try to prevent it, but pray that his difficulty will grow even ten times stronger, until no power on earth or in hell could hold him away from Jesus Christ."

I want to remind myself constantly that truly, "He must increase, but I must decrease" so that those I want to help will get the true help from the rightful Bridegroom. I want to just be the "friend of the Bridegroom".

I hope that you will consider this too.

God bless.

Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment