Change of Blog Interest

Click here to read Steven's "Great Lovers Make A Great Marriage" blog.

Monday, November 05, 2012

God wants us to enjoy worship

So far in the last month, the following names of God were discussed:

Jehovah Nissi - He is my Banner.
Jehovah Ezer - My very present Helper.
Jehovah Shalom - He is my Peace.
Jehovah Saboath - My Captain of Hosts.
Jehovah Jireh - He provides all my needs.
Jehovah Raah - He is my Good Shepherd.
Jehovah Rapha - My Healer.
Jehovah Shammah - My Father who is always there for me.

In this final posting on the Names of God, I am glad to learn that Abba Father wants me to enjoy my worship of Him.

As Jehovah Tsidkenu, He sees me as a righteous person through His Son (Jer 23:5-6). God is so holy that only those who are righteous can come before Him.

Because of sin, I can't go before God. But His love for me sent Jesus to the cross. By His death, He took my sins and imputed His righteousness to me.

From a condemned sinner to a sinner saved by grace, I can now go into God's presence boldly to worship Him. Praise the Lord.

He is also Jehovah Mekeddeshem, the Lord who sanctifies (Heb 13:12). There is a three-fold sanctification; upward, inward and outward.

I am being sanctified to have a intimate relation with my Creator. At the same time, my inner man is being sanctified so that I can give up my old self to be the person He wants me to be. And finally, I am being made to be more like Jesus Christ, His ultimate goal of reconciliation.

By being my Righteousness and Sanctifier, Abba Father allows me to go into His presence to enjoy worshiping Him.

Conclusion

God sets me apart for His purposes, that is, to touch our world. He gives us Purpose. His Names show His character and love for me.

Our greatest need is to focus on all God has done for us and to appropriate His blessings.

God bless.

Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment