Change of Blog Interest

Click here to read Steven's "Great Lovers Make A Great Marriage" blog.

Monday, October 22, 2012

God provides all my needs

Continuing on my series on the Names of God,  besides being my Divine Warrior, Abba Father delights to provide all my needs for my walk with Him.

Four of His Names show this conclusively - Jehovah Jireh, Raah, Rapha and Shammah.

He is Jehovah Jireh, my Provider.

This name was first used by Abraham when he was on the mountain to present Isaac as an offering to God. God asked Abraham to do so. He demanded it. Abraham obeyed. This account can be found in Gen 22:1-14.

Despite Isaac being the only legitimate son born to him at a very advanced age, Abraham had no qualms about obeying God. He probably reckoned that if God had promised to make him a father of all nations, He could take Isaac's life and still resurrect him. How great faith in God Abraham had! No wonder God was pleased with him.

Jehovah Jireh shows God's loving heart towards us. He used a ram to replace Isaac on the altar, just as Abraham was about to plunge his knife into him.

In the same way, Abba Father makes Jesus as our sacrificial replacement. We are the ones who ought to be killed but Jesus took our place.

He is indeed, Jehoval Jireh, my Provider.

He is also Jehovah Raah, my Shepherd.

Jesus leads us into peace and joy in fellowship with Abba Father, in His pasture with green grass and still waters. He protects and cares for us. We are like sheep, stubborn and must be led through dangerous valleys and from or predator. Read Psalm 23 to digest this. Also check out my sharing on Psalm 23 in this blog.

Next, He is Jehovah Rapha, my Healer.

This name was revealed at Marah (Exodus 15:22-27) where the Israelite's jubilation turned into frustration due to dehydration. The water at Marah was bitter. But bitter experiences in life test man's trust in God.

It was at Marah where God gave the condition that if His people were to obey Him, He will not bring about any of the dreaded diseases that plagued the Egyptians.

He heals not only physical ailments but also emotional and spiritual diseases. Call to Jehovah Rapha, He heals.

And finally, He is Jehovah Shammah, the Lord who is present with us.

Psalm 139:7-9 express this aptly .... Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence? ... Indeed, the Lord is with me all the time and at all times. 

Knowing that He is with me always gives me confidence to trust Him regardless of how I feel. He never leaves me nor will he ever forsake me, He is my very present help in times of trouble.

My God is Jehovah Jireh, Raah, Rapha and Shammah. He provides all my needs for our walk with Him. Hallelujah!

God bless.

Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment