Change of Blog Interest

Click here to read Steven's "Great Lovers Make A Great Marriage" blog.

Monday, September 17, 2012

God's goodness to me

Surely your goodness and love will follow me
    all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the Lord
    forever. 
Psalm 23:6

David ends this psalm by proclaiming God's goodness over himself, reflecting an unwavering faith in his relationship with Him.

Indeed, God's goodness and love will always be with those who have chosen to be His children. I have been in this relationship with  when I was 14, God has demonstrated, over and over again, His faithfulness, love and goodness to me through my life.

It was not that my life was plain sailing; storms were present to hone and build my character, shape my relationship and strengthen my faith. Over those times when I was feeling abandoned, His hands embraced me and lift me up.

I will proudly boast of His faithfulness, love and goodness, which have kept me strong as I struggled with life's challenges at home, at the workplace and even in church. Because of His great love, I am not consumed, His compassions never fail they are new every morning, hallelujah! (Lamentation 3:22-24).  

Let's read Psalm 23:6 again and chew on it. God's goodness and love will follow us all of our life. He said it, He will do it. So relax in Him and enjoy the relationship and fellowship with our loving Abba Father.

David's expression in Psalm 23 truly reflects the shepherd heart of God. We are Jesus' flock. He will do all to keep us protected, well -fed, well-rested so that we can enjoy the abundant life that He came to give. His love and goodness will pursue us all our days!

God bless.

Steven


No comments:

Post a Comment