Change of Blog Interest

Click here to read Steven's "Great Lovers Make A Great Marriage" blog.

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

I failed, or have I?

I having been following Selwyn Hughes' devotional over that last 6 weeks on the theme of failure. Funnily enough, I have been struck by a feeling of failure.

It is not that I have failed in any specific area or matter that I am handling. The feeling just came as though it was a practical session of applying what Selwyn was teaching.

Interestingly enough, this came after my wife and I had just successfully facilitated a couples weekend retreat. We led 11 couples to grow closer to each other and to God in love. The feedback from every participant was very affirming and mostly encouraging. We knew we have influenced and positively impacted them with our sharing.

It was in that context that I was struck with the feeling of failure. It doesn't make sense. But it did affected me so much that I did not felt that I should continue writing my blog, hence the message on Monday.

On reflection, I realized that the Holy Spirit was giving me a chance to experience the agony of those who are feeling that they have failed. Empathy requires one to feel the pain before of being of help.

The psalmist proclaimed,

" 1 The LORD is my light and my salvation—
   whom shall I fear?
The LORD is the stronghold of my life—
   of whom shall I be afraid?...
 13 I remain confident of this:
   I will see the goodness of the LORD
   in the land of the living.
14 Wait for the LORD;
   be strong and take heart
   and wait for the LORD."
Psalm 27:1,13-14

And there were those of you who responded to my last blog and encouraged me to keep going. God bless you my dear fans.

So friends, do not dwell in your sense of failure, for in itself, that is failure. But look up to the heavens and wait upon the Lord with confidence. 

I did. He answered.

Abba Father will not allow His children to fail, unless we choose to!

God bless.

Steven

No comments:

Post a Comment