Change of Blog Interest

Click here to read Steven's "Great Lovers Make A Great Marriage" blog.

Monday, June 11, 2012

Hope in Him Gives Me Victory

May the Lord answer you when you are in distress; may the name of the God of Jacob protect you... Now this I know: The Lord gives victory to his anointed. He answers him from his heavenly sanctuary with the victorious power of his right hand. 
Psalm 20:1,6

Two weeks ago, I wrote that the Lord assured me of victory in my situation with regard to the authority with-holding approval for my house's reconstruction. He told me to "Stop trying and start trusting."

I did and Jehovah Nissi delivered victory as He promised. Hallelujah!

At the meeting with the Chief Engineer of the department two Wednesday ago, his officers not only retracted their earlier objection, they changed tack completely. They presented a proposal which was reasonable and acceptable to me and my project team.

After my agreement, we received the official approval last Thursday. The Lord delivered on His promise....as He always will. Praise the Lord!

I learned an important lesson. 

I must always commit my needs to Abba Father and not lean on my own understanding (Prov 3:5). His plan is always good for me (Jer 29:11). In all circumstance, I must hope in the Lord and He will renew my strength to soar on wings like eagles (Isa 40:31).

I have a warning though. When you declare your hope in God, Satan will give you distractions to draw you away from your hope. 

When you declare your hope in God, He may also give you an opportunity to proof that your hope is truly in Him.

I have learned that we can succeed only if we choose to believe and stay focused on our God. When we do that, God will deliver the victory to our hands. 

Victory has always been there - Christ won and Satan lost at Gethsemane. We must know assuredly that Christ's victory is sealed and irreversible! What prevents God from delivering that victory in our life is our disbelief, our lack of faith.

Let us not forfeit the victory by our lack of faith. Let us hope in the Lord and He will renew our strength, we will soar on wings like eagles ... for His glory.

The Lord is good all the time, praise God!

God bless.

Steven

 

No comments:

Post a Comment